Varnish implementations 🚀
I maintain popular varnish templates used by organizations worldwide. The defaults don't always cut it, though.
If you're struggling implementing Varnish or getting good cache hit rates, I can help with the implementation and advise on your software architecture to make the best use of Varnish.
From getting better cache hit rates, faster pages, creating a good cache purge plan, adding scripting, ... I've been implementing Varnish for the last 6+ years and have extensive knowledge to help you.
From a few hours of consultancy to re-writing your entire VCL, we can find a way to make your Varnish implementation a success.
Server scalability ⚖️
Your web application is becoming more popular and you're reaching the limits of a single server?
Don't let server struggles distract your developers, I can help. I've grown web applications from a single server to 100+ servers, optimizing the application every step along the way.
Scaling servers also means implementing new technologies, like caching layers, scaling database servers, sharding data, separating web servers, adding queueing technologies, ...
Training & coaching 🎓
I regularly speak at conferences and can provide tailored educational content to your organisation or event.
- - Group sessions on Varnish, Linux, coding, ...
- - 1-on-1 teaching & coaching
- - Public speaking & conference speaking
Reach out if you want to train your developers or system administrators.
Technology stack 👀
I've worked with nearly all modern open source technology. In particular, I'm good at:
- - Server management (CentOS, Debian & Ubuntu)
- - Web: Apache, Nginx, Lighttpd, Caddy, ...
- - Database: MySQL / MariaDB
- - Caching: Varnish, Redis, Memcached
- - Modern PHP (7.x and higher)
- - High availability setups, cloud & on-prem
- - Scaling: load balancing, failovers, scale-out
- - Server security
- - Application troubleshooting