What is cron.weekly?
Cron.weekly is a weekly-ish newsletter written by Mattias Geniar. It includes a lot of the interesting links and information I find throughout the week.
The goal is to share as much information as possible, promote other projects and individuals and become a go-to resource for staying informed about the Linux, open source & web development industry.
The focus is very much on Linux and open source, with a web development preference of PHP (because that’s my background).
To find out more, have a look at the archives.
I’m a big privacy fan. For that reason:
- I don’t track email opens in the newsletter
- I don’t track which links are being clicked
- Your e-mail address is the only piece of information I store on my own servers
In other words: the e-mail you get from me contains all the information for you to read & click through, no data will be sent to my servers(*).
If you see ways I could improve it even more, do tell me!
(*) Except for the header & footer images, these are not being used to track opens as they contain nothing to uniquely identify you.
If you want to have your product or service promoted in the newsletter, have a look at the sponsorship program.
Some things to keep in mind:
- I don’t track opens & clicks (the link you provide me should do that, if you want that kind of tracking)
- Newsletter advertising works best if you can repeat it at least 2-4 times
- Your content should be a good fit for the audience. Make sure it’s high quality & targetted to Linux or open source users or web developers.
Interested? Read more about the sponsorship program.