Shownotes for episode 5, published Wednesday, 4 Aug 2016
In this episode I talk to James Cammarata, head of Ansible core engineering to discuss the Ansible project.
We discuss how it’s used as a config management tool in both a push/pull scenario, how Ansible can be used as a deployment tool and an orchestrator. We touch on the terminology, Red Hat’s acquisition, ideal use cases, how to get started with Ansible, Ansible vs. Puppet and so much more.
If I can borrow 2 minutes of your time, leave a rating on iTunes please!
- You can find James as @thejimic on Twitter
- Ansible mailing lists: ansible-project (general) and ansible-devel (for, you know, devs)
- Ansible IRC channels
- Official Ansible website: Ansible.com
- Red Hat acquires Ansible: press release
- Ansible Playbooks
- YAML syntax
- Getting started with Ansible: 30 minute introduction video
- Development Modules in Ansible
- How to deploy an application with Ansible
- Ansible 2.0 release
- The Cobbler project
- cron.weekly newsletter
A special thanks for Serge van Ginderachter (@svg on Twitter) for helping prepare this show.