Shownotes for episode 8, published Wednesday, 16 Jan 2020
In this new episode of Syscast, I talk to Jan Somers for a deep-dive into CPUs. We discuss Intel vs. AMD and what the role and future of ARM might be.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The inception of Intel & AMD
- The x86 instructionset
- Production sizes (nm) and sockets
- Hyperthreading in Intel and AMD
- Pipelines: core count vs. clockspeeds
- Introducing ARM CPU’s
- The ARM CPU doesn’t exist (😱)
- Jan’s hardware rabbit holes
- The future of CPU’s
- Hardware info, news & reviews: anandtech.com
- Jan’s favorite hardware reviewers: @iancutress
- Jan on Twitter is @j_somers
This shows is sponsored by my own 2 products (wink, wink):
- DNS Spy: get notified when your DNS records changed, wanted or unwanted!
- Oh Dear: website monitoring with added features like broken links checking, mixed content detection & so much more
Thanks for tuning in!