Shownotes for episode 9, published Wednesday, 3 Mar 2020
In this episode of Syscast, I talk to Jan-Piet Mens to discuss the differences between Linux and BSD systems.
- The differences between Linux & BSD in user-land
- Why did Linux become more popular than BSD?
- How systemd drove Jan-Piet to BSD 😉
- The differences of distributions vs. operating systems
- FreeBSD vs OpenBSD vs NetBSD
- Package managers in BSD
- Creating packages for BSD
- “pkg” vs “ports” in BSD
- Filesystem differences between Linux & BSD
- Managing Linux vs BSD with Ansible
This shows is sponsored by my own 2 products (wink, wink):
- DNS Spy: get notified when your DNS records changed, wanted or unwanted!
- Oh Dear: website monitoring with added features like broken links checking, mixed content detection & so much more
Thanks for tuning in!