Why We Deserve Our System Administration Appreciation DayMattias Geniar, Thursday, July 30, 2009 - last modified: Friday, July 30, 2010
And I bet you've never heard of SysAdmin Appreciation Day! Here's why we deserve it:
- We keep your Facebook/Netlog/Twitter running, 24/7
- We'll make sure you can receive e-mail, 24/7
- We will protect your e-shop, 24/7
- We'll tweak servers for maximum performance, 24/7
- We'll protect your other servers with firewalls, 24/7
- We'll make sure you can call using Voice-over-IP, 24/7
- We'll make sure you can call, period. (Yes, this runs on actual servers too, not just over the air -- 24/7)
- We'll keep businesses going by providing seemless IT integration, 24/7
- We'll work on holidays, nightshifts, peak hours, ... Heck, we're even on standby while having sex. 24/7
- We'll protect your private, sensitive information you so freely enter into webforms, 24/7
- We'll hack into our own systems, to detect security leapholes before anyone else will, 24/7
- We'll encrypt your data on e-payment, 24/7
- We'll work 24hour-straight shifts, surviving on a mere combination of Coffee, M&Ms and Coca Cola, 24/7
Just imagine the power we have. Fear us. Because, all your base are belong to us.
Feel free to add to the list in the comments!
*Edit 2009: it was a good one in 2009, with lots of pretty cakes!
*Edit 2010: again, we were treated with a nice one!